Last Update: July 7, 2011
Use of Computers and Webpages in Mathematics Education
About This Page
There are various webpages introducing web tools of mathematics useful for education.
I have been using these pages in my class and introduced some of them to my students.
This is my attempt to record my notes which may be useful to others as well.
- English-Japanese Dictionary of Words of Mathematcs: The original database was developed by efforts of number of mathematicians supported by JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research in order to standarlize Japanese words translated from English. I decided to make this link after consulting one of the leaders of the project. If there is any problem, please write to Hiroshi Suzuki.
- Sage Math: A free open-source mathematics software system licensed under the GPL.
As of May 7, 2010, I recommend this software most for eductional purpose.
- Magma Calculator: Online-Demo of the computer algebra for ALGEBRA.
As of May 7, 2010, I recommend this software most in algebra class for eductional purpose.
- codepad: Online compiler/interpreter
C, C++, D, Haskell, Lua, OCaml, PHP, Perl, Plain Text, Phthon, Ruby, Scheme, Tol
You can create your account to save your program. (2011.7.7)
- Some Other Useful Tools:
- Linear Algebra Toolkit: Online Educational Tool for Linear Algebra
- Quick Math: An automated service for answering common math problems processed by Mathematica.
- WWW Interactive Multipurpose Server: Online calculators and plotters, etc.